From the Desk of Gary Bellinger, Associate Broker
EXiT Realty Partners in Shrewsbury MA
Mortgage Service Referrals – Before You Look at Homes:
Contact any of the Licensed Mortgage Professionals listed below or the loan officer at your bank for a detailed discussion of your financing options and free Pre-Approval.
Here’s more food for thought:
- Would you be more comfortable doing some homework before you begin contacting lenders? Go to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau site for more information and assistance with your home buying process.
- Do you have credit problems to solve before you move forward with financing? Learn more about improving your credit score at Free E Book and Credit Consultation from Lexington Law.
- Estimate your monthly financing costs using the free mortgage calculator or the rent vs. buy calculator.
- You can directly apply online for an FHA loan. Learn more about financing and refinancing terms at FHA Government Loans. At the time of this writing, a new home buyer may pay as little as 3.5% down with an approved FHA loan.
- Thinking about “fixer-uppers”? Be sure to ask about the qualifications and stipulations for HUD/FHA 203K rehabilitation financing.
- Did you know about Rural Housing Financing? You should also inquire about getting a USDA home loan – Lower Rates and $0 Down Financing may be available for you in certain areas.
- VA-Backed Loans are available to many veterans and those in active military service as well as some surviving spouses. Find out if you qualify at the United States Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Learn more about home ownership and see additional financing options at MassHousing.com.
- Finally – don’t forget to have a chat with the loan officer at your own bank! It’s the logical place to start if you plan to compare the mortgage terms & conditions of various lenders!